We all ride because of several of reasons – some ride to sway from the world, some because of they simply as a mode of commute.
Unforeseen events can bring halts to your bike riding journey. More importantly, it leaves financial and emotional setbacks. Motorcycle insurance is what ensures a smooth ride and complete peace of mind, irrespective of the conditions.
Now with the digital transformation and the access to net banking, you can easily get your in just 2-3 steps. Here are some of the benefits of buying your two wheeler insurance online:
- You can purchase or renew your policy in 2-3 easy steps
- Remove intermediary or agent from your buying process and get lower interest
- Since most insurance companies now provide a comparison chart, you can compare costs and features of all the policies
- You can also calculate your motorcycle policy premium online and get complete details about the inclusions in your policy
- The best thing is that you can purchase your two-wheeler insurance policy through several payment options like Net Banking, Debit/Credit card, etc.
Some additional benefits:
While you may always get some great deals, but make sure that you don’t miss out on these ones:
- Personal accidental cover for occupants – Bike accidents are dangerous to both the rider and the person sitting behind. Since the risk of injuries/death is high for both, having a personal accident cover is essential. It ensures against full or partial disability of the co-passenger as well.
- Zero depreciation cover – In your regular policy, during the claim, you have to bear depreciation on repair/replacement expenses of plastic, fiber, rubber and glass parts. However, with this add-on, you profit by not having to pay depreciation on expenses of repaired/replaced parts.
Do keep in mind that although your motorcycle insurance covers a variety of items there are a lot of things that are generally not covered when you claim for the insurance which is as below:
- Driving under intoxication: Damages caused to the bike if you or anyone else was caught driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of an accident.
- Regular wear and tear: After a period of time, the vehicle is bound to face regular wear and tear as well as losses due to the depreciation of the vehicle. They are not covered.
- Malicious Activity: Losses/Damages won’t be covered if you’re found riding your bike without a valid license, or if the bike is driven by an underage person
- Commercial Activity: Driving your private vehicle for commercial purpose and vice versa doesn’t make any sense. Your claim is bound to be rejected.
- Other reasons: An expired policy, consequential damages, electrical and mechanical failure, staged accidents, and driving outside geographical limits are other reasons for claim rejection.
With all of these things in mind, you can be rest assured your ride/travel or even commute can be just as pleasant as the destination you plan.
So, stay safe and ride on!